I watched a movie with Van Damme the other day and just decided to do this entry. I used to love Jean-Claude Van Damme movies when I was a kid. So here are what I think are the top 5 Van Damme movies.
1) Bloodsport - Van Damme enters a full contact tournament and kicks ass. Hell yes.
2) Street Fighter - Based off the Capcom video game, Van Damme plays Col. Guile and saves the world against General Bison. Great sarcastic lines from Van Damme and a fun performance from Raul Julia make this a corny, yet fun movie.
3) Sudden Death - Van Damme attempts to save the Vice President who is being held hostage by Powers Boothe. And this is all going on during a Pittsburgh Penguins playoff hockey game. Van Damme kills a bad guy by stabbing him in the throat with a chicken bone. Awesome.
4) Timecop - Van Damme plays a cop who travels through time catching criminals. Good action, crappy special effects and more sarcasm from Van Damme.
5) Kickboxer - Van Damme attempts to avenge his brother's death when he is paralyzed by a vicious Thai kickboxer. And the final fight, you have your hands wrapped in burlap, dipped in wax and covered in glass. Bad ass!
Honorable Mentions: The Quest - The Expendables 2 - Double Impact - Universal Soldier
And there it is. My top 5 Jean-Claude Van Damme movies. Just for fun Yes indeed.