So in light of the holiday season, here are, what I think are the best Christmas movies of all time.
1) - A Christmas Story - If you don't agree with this then there is something wrong with you. There are too many things to reference that make this movie the best for Christmas.
2) - The Santa Clause - My Dad took me to go see this in the theater when it came out. I was 10. And I still watch it every year. Good laughs, a good story and just a great movie for Christmas.
3) - Elf - Will Ferrell is great in this one. A really funny movie with not really any raunchy humor. A great movie even when you don't watch it around Christmas. But, try to save it for the holiday's because it makes it that much better.
4) - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - So many things go wrong around the holidays. Money, work, family, decorations, accidents and this movie has them all. Chevy Chase is perfect in this movie and it is hilarious.
5) - Scrooged (A Christmas Carol) - So A Christmas Carol has been remade a bunch of different times. So it makes the list at #5 and the one I chose is Scrooged. Bill Murray puts a great spin on the Ebenezer Scrooge role and the movie is really funny with a modern day appeal. Great movie for Christmas.
Honorable Mentions - A Nightmare Before Christmas - It's a Wonderful Life - How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original version) - Love Actually - Home Alone
So there's my list and it's always subject to change. Let me know if I forget any good honorable mentions. MERRY CHRISTMAS...yes indeed.