Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pacific Rim

 







Ok....so when people saw the preview for this movie, all they saw was giant robots vs. big monsters. And they're not wrong, but giant robots vs. big monsters on an HD screen? Hell yeah!

This movie is fun. Just plain old fun. Big action and some really fun moments make for a good time. I said it in my last entry and I'll say it again for this movie. It's entertaining. Let yourself go and enjoy some blockbuster action. Guillermo Del Toro makes fun movies. He's the same guy that did Hellboy 1 & 2. I'm a fan of Guillermo Del Toro movies. He has original stories and original characters. And I'm also a fan of Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy) and Idris Elba (Prometheus). They are a great caliber of actors and they give this film the drama factor that it needed. Without it, the movie would be extremely cheesy. There is a great speech from Idris Elba that might give you goose bumps.

I will admit that this movie that took me by surprise. I didn't think much of it when I saw the preview. But after I gave it a chance? I really enjoyed it! It's a good time. Check it out. But make sure you have an HD TV or a the graphics will go wasted o you. Blu-Ray also help. Pacific Rim!!! Yes indeed.


No comments: