Saturday, August 23, 2008

In Bruges


I recently watched the movie "In Bruges". The movie stars Colin Farrell, Brendan Gleeson, and Ralph Fiennes. The film didn't last long in theaters but when I saw a preview for it a while back I thought it looked pretty entertaining. I thought it might have been one of those movies that didn't get a lot of attention but if you watched you would love it. Kind of like "Snatch" or "Memento". But after watching it I really wasn't that impressed.


The movie has Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson as hit men and they have to spend some time in Bruges (it's in Belgium). They are to wait instructions from their Boss. But going stir crazy with boredom has Farrell's character do things that get him into trouble and Gleeson's character going crazy from Farrell. Farrell screws up a job and that makes the boss angry and Farrell soon finds himself not liking Bruges even more than he thought.


I didn't really care for this movie. I was expecting a witty, funny, upbeat comedy satire like "Snatch" and I found the movie to be more depressing and serious. It was as if the writers didn't know to make it a comedy or a drama and the confusion just made me unsatisfied. However, the dialogue between all the characters was great. And I'm not a big fan of Colin Farrell but he was pretty decent in this one. So watch it if you want, but if you don't your not missing much.


2 stars (out of 4)

No comments: