Sunday, March 9, 2014

American Hustle







American Hustle.......great movie. It wasn't the best movie that I've ever watched, but it was a really good movie. It had drama, suspense, comedy, an original screenplay and probably the best acting from an entire cast that I've ever seen.

Usually a movie will produce some good acting with 1 or 2 good performances. The entire cast of this movie was unbelievably outstanding in this film. Like I said, it wasn't the best movie I've ever seen. The plot was good but it didn't blow me away. It's the somewhat true story (I say somewhat because that's how the movie emphasizes it, "somewhat") about a con man (Christian Bale) and his partner (Amy Adams) working with an FBI agent (Bradley Cooper) on taking down Jersey powerbrokers, corrupt politicians and the mafia. It had some exciting moments but nothing that took my breath away. However, the acting in this movie was phenomenal.

Absolutely A+ performance from everyone involved. Christian Bale's performance as Irving Rosenfeld was perfect. It's hard to explain, but he was just brilliant throughout the entire movie. Amy Adams was my pick for Best Actress. She, along with Bale carried this movie. Bradley Cooper was extremely good as FBI agent Richie Dimaso. He had some scenes that left me saying wow. Jeremy Renner was wonderful as Jersey Mayor Carmine Polito. He was not nominated for an Oscar for this but probably should have been. Finally, Jennifer Lawrence plays Rosalyn Rosenfeld, Irving's wife. She was my pick for Best Supporting Actress. She was intoxicating in this movie. She brought the perfect amount of comic relief and drama to this movie. Absolutely sensational!

So, this wasn't the best movie I've ever seen but the acting was so good that it made for a great film. I didn't think it was going to win Best Picture but I thought for sure one of the actors would win for their performance. Either way, it doesn't change the fact that American Hustle was great movie, with an original story and amazing performances. Definitely watch this movie. Yes indeed.


No comments: