Monday, September 5, 2011

The Lincoln Lawyer


So a friend at work recommended this one.I was told that it is amazing and I need to watch it. So I did, but I got to tell you that it wasn't as good as it was hyped up to be.
Now don't get me wrong, this is a decent flick. It had a good story, good acting. It was nice to see Matthew McConaughey in a role where he's not the lead guy in a chick flick or crummy action flick. He plays Mick Haller aka "The Lincoln Lawyer". He's a fast talkin, arrogant lawyer who essentially works out of the back of his car going from client to client, hence, "The Lincoln Lawyer". He takes a case where a rich kid in his late 20's is arrested and accused of rape and assault. Now its up to McConaughey to get him off. But is he actually innocent. Drama and suspense ensues. Like I said, a decent story and good acting make this a decent movie.
The problem with this movie is that there are plot twist that are unnecessary, and kind of irrelevant. The whole movie is leading up to what I think is going to be the huge revelation, and jaw-dropping moment that never really happened. What did happen was sort of a let down. To me at least. It was like the writer(s) couldn't think of a good plot twist so they threw some in just to throw some in. When it was over, I didn't walk away from the movie thinking "oh my God", that was amazing. The plot could have been more explained, better written and it had an OK ending but they could have done so much more with it. Kind of disappointing.
But overall it was OK. But could have been a lot more, and I was definitely expecting a lot more. Check this movie out if you want, but if you don't, your not really missing out.

No comments: