Sunday, August 7, 2011

Captain America: The First Avenger











Saw this one last weekend. Good movie. Good script. Action was good, actors were good, and it set up the Avenger's movie perfectly. However, there were some parts that I didn't really enjoy. So I'll say that I liked about 95% of this movie.


I liked all of the movies that have been leading up to The Avenger's. Iron Man 1 & 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America. Captain America was a great movie. The action sequences were awesome. The graphics were great. I'm still baffled as to how they made Chris Evans look scrawny like that. And like I said, the story incorporated everything it needed in order to bring together the Avenger's movie.


What I didn't like about this movies were only a couple small things. First, the villain in this movie, Red Skull (played by Hugo Weaving), obtains this energy source, and is able to weaponize it. He puts it in a gun and when you get shot by it, you essentially disintegrate. Not only does he weaponize it, all of his soldiers have it and it almost had like a space laser gun type feel and I didn't like that. I mean, it's WW2. I don't think they should have made so every soldier had one. And speaking of the soldiers. The Nazi group called Hydra, all of the soldiers had these mask/helmet things and they all looked like drones. And I know they're like that because that's how it is in the comic books. But I would have liked it better if they were just regular soldiers. And finally, there is a fight scene between Captain America and Red Skull and I think it was kind of weak.


But don't get me wrong, the movie was awesome. Chris Evans was perfect for the role. Hugo Weaving killed it as Red Skull. The story was well written and it was a great action movie with the right amount of comedy. And at the end, there is a trailer/clip of The Avengers and it looks bad ass! So check Captain America out. I know I talked more bad than good about it but it really is a awesome movie. So there ya go... yes indeed.



No comments: