Saturday, May 17, 2014

Captain America: The Winter Soldier








Saw this a couple weeks ago and forgot to write anything on it. I apologize to anyone who actually follows this thing. Anyways, Captain America: The Winter Soldier.....loved it! I loved everything about it. I thought it was vastly entertaining. And I will might argue that it is better than the first movie.

Steve Rogers is back and fighting with S.H.E.I.L.D. alongside Black Widow (Scarlett Johansen) and Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson). The nice thing about this movie is that the plot doesn't reveal itself until almost more than halfway through the movie. So your kept guessing and put through twists and turns constantly. But not in an annoying way. This is a movie that is 2 & 1/2 hours long but it doesn't feel like it. it moves along really well and it has action throughout. Actually, that is an understatement. It has amazing action through. There were a couple moments where I found myself kind of getting nervous for what is going on, on the screen. Wishing my wife was next to me so I could tap her on her thigh. Which is what I usually do when I get excited about something. She loves it when I do that. ;-)

I don't want to give away to much of the plot because I think it's better to discover as your watching it. I will say that it was not what I was expecting and it is simple enough yet believable enough to allow you to enjoy the movie. The reason that it is called The Winter Soldier is due to Captain Amcerica's best friend from the first movie, Bucky Barnes, all of a sudden showing up as a bad ass assassin (see the 2nd pic down). And he is called, "The Winter Soldier". If you weren't paying attention, he supposedly died in the first movie. I'll leave the "how" and the "why" up to your viewing pleasure.

The movie is great and here are few nods. Robert Redford is great in this movie. He adds such a classic feel to the movie. Scarlett Johansen is just as hot as ever and there is a new character that is introduced, Sam Wilson, AKA the Falcon. He has this flight suit that allows him to have wings and he flies around like a hawk.....err....a falcon. I liked his character and what he can do. Some people like my cousin didn't really enjoy him as much. Oh yeah, and Samuel L Jackson is bad ass as usual.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is awesome. Absolutely awesome. The action was great. The fight scenes were spectacular. The story was good and it fit nicely into the rest of the Avenger's movies. I loved it and think that it was better that the first movie. Check it out.

Yes indeed.




No comments: