Sunday, June 9, 2013

Now You See Me







I just saw this one recently and didn't know what to expect. It looked like one of those movies that could be good or could be bad. So it had me at 50/50. But, I'm here to tell you that I this movie was......good. Not just good, it was great!

I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. The story was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. It's not just a movie about 4 magicians who are thieves. It's much more than that. They were recruited by a mystery person who has some sort of reason for bringing them all together. The fun part is that you don't know who brought them together and you don't know why they are doing what they're doing. Everything they do has a purpose. From the magic tricks that they perform all the way down to their interaction with other people. It was so much fun to watch. I loved every single second of it. And the cast that was put together was perfect. Jesse Eisenberg plays a the confident yet cocky lead. Woody Harrelson was a much needed comic relief. And Isla Fisher and Dave Franco have great supporting roles. There is one scene was Franco acts like a total bad ass. Also, the opening scene of the movie is Eisenberg performing some street magic where we as the audience get to participate and it blew me away. It still has me perplexed! He totally found the card that I picked, and I'm watching a movie. How did that happen? Watch it, and you'll see.

Anyways, Now You See Me is one of the better movies I've seen in a while. It kept me guessing the entire time and the plot continued to reveal itself all the way down to the last couple of minutes of the film. Kind of like a magic trick.(hey.....I just got that!) Anyways, watch this movie! It's magically awesome. Ha! Yes indeed.


No comments: