Sunday, October 21, 2012

Battleship






So I got a bunch of laughs when I told people I wanted to see this movie. I didn't really know what to expect. But it's exactly what you would think. The best word that I could use to describe it is.......cheesy.

The acting is sub par, the aliens aren't scary at all, and I'm still not sure if I understand the story. There are some cool parts. The graphics are sweet, and some of the action scenes mixed with some intense music makes you forget that your watching a cheesy movie. The basic story is aliens come to the planet and need to use something that NASA has come up with. So they set up shop in the middle of the ocean right where the navy are playing war games. They come across this ship and the aliens defend themselves? Or they attack? I'm still not sure. It's confusing. Anyways, there are some good parts. The biggest question that I had before watching was how would they incorporate the board game into the movie. Well there is this one scene where they figure out how to track the alien ship. They can't get to close because then they're toast. So they have to stay far enough away. So they locate the alien craft on this grid and take their best shot. Just like the board game. Other than that, there is not much else going on.

There are a lot of cheesy scenes in this movie, but if you can get past that, then its fun. If you decide to not watch this movie, then your not missing much.

No comments: