Saturday, August 11, 2012

Top 5 Death Scenes








I've been thinking about this one for a while. So here are what I think are the best death scenes. Now I know that there are going to be several on here that people don't agree with and maybe even some that I've forgotten about and should be on the list......but.......my blog, my list. So here we go.


1). Inglorious Basterds  -  "Hey Donnie......". "Yeah?" "This Nazi here wants to die for country.....oblige him!" This is just such a good scene. The build up for Eli Roth to walk out of the tunnel, and all you can here is the baseball bat hitting the walls, is soooooo good! And then, sure enough, he bashes his head in with a baseball bat. Awesome! By far the best death scene.


2). American History X  -  Oh Man......Edward Norton catches the guy that broke into his car and holds a gun to him. He then makes him bite the curb. You can actually hear the guy's teeth clink against the concrete. "say goodnight!" Hard to watch, but an amazing scene none-the-less.

3). Pulp Fiction  -  "And you will know, my name is the Lord! As I lay my vengeance upon thee!" This is probably one of the best scenes in movie history, let alone one of the best death scenes. Sam Jackson is the man and he was perfect for this role. Awesome, awesome scene.

4). Deathproof  -  Kurt Russell goes full speed head on with car full of 4 girls. The reason this scene is awesome, is the fact that Quentin Tarantino filmed it 4 different way. He gave each girl in the car her own "death shot". And each one was better than the last. Just so good!


5). Buffy the Vampire Slayer  -  Guarantee that this one will not be on every one's list. But this scene is so funny. Reubens gets stabbed and dies for a couple minutes. Whining, whining, stopping to look at everybody, whining some more, kicking the wall.....even though the movie was terrible, this scene is hilarious.



Honorable Mentions:  Alien (popping out of John Hurt's chest), Princess Bride ("I want my father back you son of a bitch), Raiders of the Lost Ark (face melting scene), Braveheart ("freedom!"), Silence of the Lambs (Hannibal gets a new face), Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (the death of the Sheriff of Nottingham), Die Hard (Hans Gruber falling from the window of the Nakotomi plaza),  



So there they are. That's my list. Leave me some of yours. Yes Indeed!

No comments: