Saturday, July 14, 2012

21 Jump Street








So I was told to watch this one when it was out in theaters but i never got around to it. So I waited until it was out on DVD. I recently watched it and oh man.......this movie was absolutely hilarious!

To take a wannabe drama TV show from the 80's  and make a comedy movie out of it was brilliant. It was funny from start to finish. I didn't know what to think when I first heard that it was coming out. I kind of had low expectations. This movie was one of the funniest movies that i have seen in a long time. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum made the perfect duo for this movie. They fill out the roles of brainy and brawny to a T. Now I'll be the first to admit that Channing Tatum would not have been my first choice for this movie. I actually ranked him the 5th worst actor a few entries ago. However, after watching this movie.....I might need to write a retraction about him. He was hilarious. And you couldn't have picked anyone better than Jonah Hill to play opposite him. They knew each other when they were in high school and they both decide to join the police academy at the same time. Tatum can do everything physical, and Hill can do everything intellectual. They basically can do everything the other can't. So they decide to become friends and rest is magic.

To not give anything away, Tatum and Hill are picked to play High school students because of the fact that they look young. They have to infiltrate and find the source of a new drug that's been making it's way around the school. There are some absolute outrageous, pee in your pants scenes! And it's rated R (thank god). So the language and content is just what you would want.

If you were a fan of the 80's TV show.... if your a fan of Channing Tatum......if your a fan of down right, laugh out loud, Rated R comedy movies......then watch 21 Jump Street because it is so worth it. Funny, funny, good good stuff. Yes indeed.

No comments: