Sunday, June 24, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman








So my wife and I saw this one last weekend. I went in with no expectation because I really didn't know what to expect. All these old fairy tales are getting new updates. Some get it right, and some get it wrong. Snow White and the Huntsman got it right!

This movie rocked! It's the same story that your used to but it's more directed toward the Grimm fairytale instead of the Disney version. This movie is dark, and action packed. The first question I've gotten after I've told people I saw it is, how does Kristen Stewart do? And I've got to tell you, she was actually pretty good. I know most people are not fans of her because of the Twilight movies, but she was good in this movie. Chris Hemsworth was a perfect choice as the Huntsman. He's gonna have a huge career. But the show stealing performance was Charlize Theron. She killed it! She was intense and had some great moments of shear craziness when she screams and rants like a crazy dictator. Its awesome. Also, the special effects in this movie for phenomenal. There was some fights scenes that were bad ass too. My only complaint, is that there was something missing from this movie. I still can't quite put my finger on it. It feels like there's something missing from the storyline. I think they could have done more with the Queen being Evil. Apparently, everyone hated her, but the only she shows is her need to be beautiful, which is the reason she needs to get rid of Snow White. But if she did some more ruthless stuff, like kill some innocent people, it would have made the war at the end, a little more justified. But I'm probably just talking out of my ass, because this movie was pretty awesome.

Snow White and the Huntsman is a great summer movie and puts a dark spin on the old fairytale. Some people might disagree but the cast is perfect. The special were amazing and the story was well written. So when you put it all together, you get a grade A movie. Zero to little disappointment if you watch this movie. Yes indeed.

No comments: