Thursday, September 23, 2010

Top 5 Inspirational / Motivational Movie Speeches









So here are my favorite speeches from movies. There are some funny ones and some speeches that gave me goosebumps. Some will probably not agree with me but its my list and here is my top 5.


1) Braveheart - Its the scene where has to convince an army to go to war. The speech gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. That mixed with the music in the back round makes for what I think is the best inspirational speech in movie history.

2) Stripes - Bill Murray is the man. His speech is to get the troops motivated to practice for graduation is awesome. Not only is it funny but it gets you wanted to go YEAH! after he's done. Classic.

3) Meatballs - "It just doesn't matter". Bill Murray is on the list again. Not too many people know about this movie but I love it. He's got to get his camp motivated for the camp games against their rival camp. And he does it with just three words. "It just doesn't matter". Awesome.

4) Animal House - Oh man! This is hilarious. The late great John Belushi gave us this awesome speech. And it is still one of the funniest speeches of all time. "Did we give up when the Germans bombed pearl harbor". Awesome.

5) Rocky Balboa - Sylvester Stallone wrote this one. Rocky gives his son a great speech about how its not how hard you can hit but about how hard you can get hit and get back up. Very inspirational.


So there's my list. Leave yours if you have any other suggestions.



Honorable Mentions - Independence Day - Cast Away (Tom Hank's speech at the end) - Team America (you know which one)

1 comment:

jaysongeffv2000 said...

Ok....Time out!! dude you forgot some key speeches:

1) Hoosiers - Gene Hackman at the en

2) Any Given Sunday - Al Pacino halftime speech

3) Rudy - coach during pregame (No one comes into our house....and pushes us around...)

4) 300 - call to battle

5) Lean on me - Sammuel L Jackson speech in gym

and lastly...I can not believe you for not listing this...

6) Dead Poets Society - Seize the day