Sunday, February 10, 2013

Top 5 Time Travel Movies







So I've been thinking about this one for a while. I still don't know if I have it right. But here are what I think are the best time travel movies.


1: Back to the Future  -  There is no question about the #1 time travel movie. It's Back to the Future. And I don't need to explain why. Done.

2: Terminator 1 & 2  -   When you think about it, the first 2 Terminators are great. A machine sent back in time to kill the mother of the leader of the resistance. And she has no idea. And when that doesn't work, send a machine to kill the leader himself. So you would then have to send another machine back in time to protect him. I mean, this was the first time travel action movie....and it was awesome.

3: Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure  -  "Ted? Who was Joan of Arc?" - "Noah's Wife?"----- " If you're us, what number are we thinking of?" - "69 dudes!".
Classic! 2 high school students that have t go back in time in a phone booth to get historical figures for their history project? Excellent!

4: Looper  -  I only saw this recently, but it is a great time travel movie. What's cool about this one, is that when Joseph Gordon Levitt is talking with his future self, Bruce Willis, he discovers that if he decides to take a new path than what the future version of himself has taken in the past, he literally creates a new memory for the future version of himself. Wait, what? Yeah! And that's why it's on the list.

5: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  -  Now I know that most people wouldn't think to put this movie on their list for best time travel movies, but it's actually a really intricate movie when it comes to traveling through time. The last 40 minutes or so are done so well! Harry and Hermione have to go through and help the past versions of themselves get through what they already went through. This movie received 4 stars for a reason.



Honorable Mentions:
Somewhere In Time  -  Men In Black 3  -  The Time Traveler's Wife  -  The Time Machine  - 
Donnie Darko  -  Safety Not Guaranteed  -  Primer  -  Timecop




So there they are. Like I said, I'm still not sure about this list because there is some good movies about time travel and it's hard to put them in an order. The only thing I know for sure is the one I have at the #1 spot. No question. When I took a poll of my friends, every single one came back with Back to the Future. So besides that, if anybody has any recommendations for this list, leave a comment. And I hope to see some good time travel movies in the future....or the past......yes indeed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have to add this to the blog. Does Inception count as a time travel movie? It certainly has all the elements of the other time travel movies, with an original plot line. I vote it should count and certainly should have a spot on this list.

And no adult movie blog should ever include Parry Potter and the Band of Annoying Nerds.

Unknown said...

This kind of blogs are always knowledgeable and really i enjoyed reading this post. Michael tsoukas

Vir said...


It’s actually a great and helpful piece of information. I am happy that you shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.Cvtreasures